Thursday, June 18, 2009

Write-ups of conference panels and activities

It was great to meet some new faces and to see so many people again last month. Lots of great discussions--during the panels, during dinner, in the evenings over wine...

At the conference a few people said they'd like to see summaries of some of the sessions or handouts from presenters made available on the website. I think that is a fabulous idea and I'm willing to do coordination to make that happen. But I need help. So...

1) If you attended a session (or sessions) and want to write about it/them, email me at ravenka(at)cosmic-muse(dot)com and let me know. I'll take short synopses, personal revelations/reviews, and complete blow-by-blow accounts. Whatever you want to send, I'll consider.

2) If you were on a panel and gave handouts and are willing to have these included in our 'proceedings'/summary, please send them to me.

3) If you took pictures and don't mind them being published (and can get permissions/releases from everyone in the pictures), let me know as well.

4) I'm especially interested in reviews and accounts of our key presentations: Kerr Cuhulain, Andrew Burton, and the documentary "I'm a Witch So What?"

This initiative can only happen if folks send me stuff. I know it's been almost a month and our memories may be foggy, but send me what you can. For next conference, maybe we can try to have conference reporters set up ahead of time.

Note: This is a separate project from the proceedings from the academic stream, which I believe the Board of Directors is still working on. That does not mean that you can't write about the academic presentations, it's juts not the 'official proceedings' of the academic component of the conference.

Cheers!
Amanda

No comments: